We welcome all Catholics moving into the Willow Grove, PA area to our Parish community. Please call the Rectory at 215-657-0252 to make an appointment to register. You can click this link to download the Parish Registration form in advance of your appointment.
If you haven’t yet, sign up for the free CatholicPhilly newsletter!
Saint David Parish Lenten Observances
Over these 40 days, may the Holy Spirit give us the strength to act justly, the courage to love tenderly and the faith to walk humbly with our God that we might rejoice in the triumph of God’s justice in Jesus at Easter.
During Lent, parishioners will have the additional opportunity to participate in these Lenten Observances:
- Ash Wednesday: Mass will be celebrated at 6:30 AM, 9:00 AM, 12:00 Noon and 7:30 pm; Prayer Service with distribution of Ashes 4:45 PM
- Daily Mass: 6:30 AM weekdays and 9:00 AM on Saturdays
- Visit to the Blessed Sacrament
- Stations of the Cross: Come and join in prayer on Fridays of Lent (except Good Friday) at 2:15 PM with the children of Q of A School and 7:15 PM for the parish.
- Confessions: Every Thursday at 7:15 PM to 8:00 PM.
- March 11,18,25: The Celebration of Evening Prayer will be held in Church at 7:00 PM (The Blessed Sacrament will be in Church on those evenings at 7:00 PM).
- April 1: Family-centered Stations of the Cross will be held in Church at 7:00 PM. Come pray with your family members within the Parish Family.
- April 8: Living Witness Program in FCH at 7:00 PM (Young and Seasoned Parishioners will share their experience of living what Jesus teaches).
- April 16: Living Stations: Presentation by students of Q of A School at 1:30 PM and 7:00 PM
- Faith Sharing: Contact Amy Smith (215-773-9081).
- Operation Rice Bowl: Your family can share in this endeavor to offer a money donation to help the poor around the world. Please return your offering to the rectory.
- March 10: Annual Mass and Benefit Drive at St. David Church for Saint Francis Inn
- March 28: Poor Person’s Supper
Tuesday nights during Lent will include such prayers as Evening Prayer, Family –Centered Stations of the Cross, and a Christian Witness Program. Come and join in these Lenten Observances.
Prayer begins at 7PM.
Fast and Abstinence and Other Acts of Penance for Lent 2014
The Bishops of the United States prescribe, as a minimal obligation, that all persons who are fourteen years of age and older are bound to abstain from eating meat on Ash Wednesday, March 5, 2014, on all Fridays of Lent, and Good Friday.
Further, all persons eighteen years of age and older, up to and including their fifty-ninth birthday, are bound to fast by limiting themselves to a single full meal on Ash Wednesday and on Good Friday, while the other two meals on those days are to be light.
All the faithful are encouraged to, when possible, to participate at Mass and to receive the Holy Eucharist daily, to celebrate frequently the Sacrament of Penance, to undertake spiritual reading, especially the study of the Sacred Scriptures, and to participate in parish Lenten devotions as well as Lenten educational programs.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is especially recommended. All are encouraged to participate in Operation Rice Bowl which has aided countless hungry persons here in the Archdiocese as well as throughout our nation and our world.
Catholics Returning Home
Have you been away from the Church for a while? Have you ever thought about returning? If so, we would like to welcome you back! At St. Cyril of Jerusalem Parish, we have a special ministry for people just like you who have been away from the Church.
Please join us for a 6 week series that begins Thursday, May 8 2014 at 7:30 PM at St. Cyril of Jerusalem Church, located at 1410 Almshouse Road, Jamison, PA. We would like to address your questions and make you feel at home once more in the Catholic Church. For more information, please call 215-343-1288.